Recycle These Items
View or print the list of all the items you can put into your Blue Barrel.
Not sure if can go in your Blue Barrel? Use the handy tool at KnowWhereToThrow.com to find the best place for all your unwanted stuff.
Put all your recyclables in your Blue Barrel to be picked up the same day as your weekly garbage collection.
Neighborhood Recycling Centers
Drop-off any recyclables accepted in the Blue Barrel Recycling Program at these locations
Other Waste Reduction Programs
Christmas TreeCycle. Call 791-5000 or visit KnowWhereToThrow.com.
Guidelines for Blue Barrel Recycling
- No plastic grocery bags
- No garbage
- Please make sure materials are clean, empty and dry
- Set out your blue barrel for collection when it is more than half full to decrease fuel consumption and air pollution
- Have barrel at curb by 6 a.m. to ensure service
- Leave labels on containers
- Bottle and jar caps and lids can be recycled
- Lightly rinse food containers. Use water wisely - throw very dirty items into the garbage
- All recyclables go loose into the Blue Barrel, together - - no sorting! Please put them in individually, not inside a box or bag
- Do not flatten cans and bottles to ensure sorting equipment works properly
- Cut or flatten corrugated cardboard boxes to fit in container. Remove plastic wrapping and liners
- Shredded paper may be recycled in the Blue Barrel if it is secured in a clear plastic bag.
NOTE: This is the only time that plastic bags can go in the recycling container.
Thanks for saving resources, energy and landfill space by Doing More Blue.