Businesses benefit by using the City's recycling service because it costs less than trash collection service, and may reduce the business' needs for trash service. It also benefits the environment and helps our community meet its goals of reduced landfill consumption and keeping Tucson clean and beautiful. If you're not sure if recycling will work for your business, let us help you by offering a free Waste Audit. For more information please don't hesitate to call Customer Service at 520-791-3171.
Recycling is easy! All recyclable materials go in one container – no sorting needed.
Contaminated loads will be charged at garbage collection rates.
Guidelines for Commercial Recycling
- No plastic bags (except shredded paper).
- No garbage.
- Please make sure materials are clean, empty and dry.
- Lightly rinse food containers. Use water wisely — throw very dirty items into the garbage.
- All recyclables go loose into the blue container together — no sorting!
- Please flatten corrugated cardboard boxes. Remove plastic wrapping and liners.
- Shredded paper may be recycled in the blue barrel if it is secured in a clear plastic bag. NOTE: This is the only time that plastic bags can go in the recycling container
If in doubt whether an item is recyclable, call 520-791-5000 to find out or put it in the garbage.
Apartment Recycling: Getting Started
The City offers information to apartment managers who would like to educate their residents about the options available for their use in Tucson. Environmental Services staff is also available to present recycling information to tenant groups or to work directly with apartment managers to evaluate their recycling options. Call Customer Service at 520-791-3171 for more information.